Friday, March 16, 2007

Blank line posting problem solved

The problem I had on my Regimental Flags post, where there were multiple blank lines before the images appeared, has finally been solved with some rummaging on the Blogger help group.

If you use tables, you have to type the entire table as one continuous line of text, or ever time you hit the enter key to drop down a line and make your tags easier to read, it inserts another new line in the text which will end up getting inserted above the table.

4 comments:

Bluebear Jeff said...

I didn't even know that it was possible to use tables.


-- Jeff

Snickering Corpses said...

It is, but you have to hand-code it in the HTML edit tab of the posting.

Bluebear Jeff said...

Actually that isn't a problem. All of my website's pages are hand-coded (neither my wife nor I use an editor, we code by hand -- which is far more economical).


-- Jeff

Snickering Corpses said...

*grins* Yep, I code by hand, too, but in an editor typically. Not for blog posts obviously. But that's only because I'm actually a coder by trade, and while one can hand-code software in notepad, Intellisense saves a lot of typing. :>