Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Digression: Height Observation

I measured the figures this morning, out of curiosity, to see how tall they were.

The marching musketeer is 30mm from the bottom of his base to where his tricorn meets his head. To the top of his pom-pom, I get 35mm. To the tip of his bayonet (vertical for the marching pose), I get 48mm.

The marching grenadier is 30mm, 39mm, and 48mm respectively.

The standard bearer is 25mm for the first measurement, and 27mm to the top of his tricorn (no pom-pom).

4 comments:

Bluebear Jeff said...

Remember that "Old Fritz" recruited the tallest men for his grenadiers (and then put them in tall grenadier hats). Yes, the RSM Prussian grenadiers are very big 25s.


-- Jeff

WSTKS-FM Worldwide said...

25's The nerve! Why, they're very respectable 30mm gentlemen! ;-)

Best Regards,

Stokes

Bluebear Jeff said...

Stokes,

I agree . . . but they are marketed as 25mm figures . . . so I refer to them (somewhat ironically) as such.


-- Jeff

Snickering Corpses said...

When I went to do the original measurement, I set a 1/72 Airfix Washington's Army rifleman in tricorn next to them. He came up to chest high. Upon measuring, I learned that he was only 23mm from the bottom of the base to the top of the tricorn.