Friday, August 15, 2008

Skinning the Minden

I managed to get in about 10 minutes with paints again, and you'll find on all three of my blogs (here, Snickering Corpses, and Ober-Schweinsberg) the fruits of my labors. Below is the first skin-colored paint on a Minden Miniatures Prussian musketeer. As usual, clicking on the photo will zoom in. While I won't claim any of my painting attempts to be easy, I do have to say that this first bit of paint was easier than I expected on this figure. It's far from perfect, but I'm reasonably pleased with it so far.

3 comments:

Martin said...

Looking good so far! Keep in mind that when this stout hearted fellow is surrounded by his other brother-soldiers, the human eye will only register the mass, and individual details will fade. I'm looking forward to seeing his unit ready for inspection, and taking their place on the Field of Mars.

Martin

Bluebear Jeff said...

Please allow me to echo Martin's comments.


-- Jeff

WSTKS-FM Worldwide said...

Hi Jonathan,

I agree with Martin and Jeff -- He
(and your Spencer Smith fellow below) is looking very nice so far. A little bit everyday, and you'll be finished in no time.

Best Regards,

Stokes